“Our soul doesn’t stop at our skin,” once noted theologian Karl Rahner. While manybelieve this to be true, others struggle to hold onto the Christian idea of eternal life while living in a modern world in which many different beliefs about life after death exist.
What does a Christian believe about death, resurrection, heaven and hell in the 21st century? This Sunday morning class, taught by Rev. Grace, will explore these questions from medical, theological, and philosophical viewpoints. The class will meet in the Parish Hall at 9:30 am on Sunday mornings, and is
open to all who are interested!
- September 7 - Class #1 - Death as an Entry into Light?
- September 14 - 2nd Sunday Breakfast
- September 21 - Class #2 - The Hereafter - Wishful Thinking?
- September 28 - Class #3 - Models of Belief in Eternity in Religion
- October 5 - Episcopal School Sunday
- October 12 - 2nd Sunday Breakfast
- October 19 - Class # 4 - Resurrection of the Dead?
- October 26 - Class #5 - Difficulties with the Resurrection of Jesus
- November 2 - Class #6 - Between Heaven and Hell
- November 9 - 2nd Sunday Breakfast
- November 16 - Class #7 - Dying with Human Dignity
- November 23 - Class #8 - Presentation from Funeral Home
- November 30 (Advent 1) - Class # 9 - Heaven on Earth?
- December 7 - Class #10 - The End of the World and the Kingdom of God
- December 14 - 2nd Sunday Breakfast
- December 21 - Coffee Hour
- December 28 - Coffee Hour