Christ Education Resources: Spring & Summer 2015
A People’s History of Christianity: The Other Side of the Story
TAUGHT BY: THE REV. JIMMY GRACE
For too long, the history of Christianity has been told as the triumph of orthodox doctrine imposed through power. Church historian Diana Butler Bass sheds new light on the surprising ways that many Christians have refused to conform to a rigid church hierarchy and sought to recapture the radical implications of Jesus’ life and message.
CURRENT CLASS TOPICS & MATERIALS:
On Sunday mornings at 9:30 AM beginning April 12, join Rev. Grace for a series based on Diana Butler Bass’s work, including:
- April 26: Christianity as a Way of Life & Devotion: The Love of God
- May 3: Ethics: The Love of Neighbor
- May 10: Christianity as Spiritual Architecture & Devotion: Paradise Restored
- May 17: Ethics: Who is my Neighbor?
- May 24: Christianity as Living Words & Devotion: Speaking of Faith
- June 7: Ethics: Walking the Talk
- June 14: Christianity as a Quest for Truth
- June 21: Devotion: The Quest for Light
- June 28: Ethics: Kingdom Questr
- July 5: The River
Classes are available for adults who wish to learn more about their faith with others who are also on a journey of exploration. Classes take place in St. Andrew's Parish Hall.
If you have any questions, please contact The Rev. Jimmy Grace.